Life gets super busy, we all understand how easily someone
can get side tracked by just surviving your job, school, kids (yes it's true),
and similar stresses of life. You may, or may not, love what’s causing you
stress...But I know that the stress itself can sometimes be overwhelming.
In
the hustle and bustle you forget the things that make you happy. You might be
saying "I don't have time to worry about being happy". Well, if you
tried a little, just a few minutes a day, to remember what makes you happy....You
might find you have time for a whole lot more. Happiness is like a little seed,
plant it, water it, nourish it, and suddenly it's a plant that has taken root
in your mind/heart/soul. Let your little seed fall into some rich, glorious
soil (your life), and watch how it transforms your grey, lifeless, ball of
stress into a lush, green, fruitful garden. Let your seed grow.
Take time for
happiness. Remember what is really important to you and suddenly your life
won't seem so stressful. You won't be soooo focused on the stress that you
can't see the love and peacefulness around you.
I baked some cookies yesterday, I thought about how much I
love my husband, how much he does for me. I thought about how much it means to
me that I can stay home to focus on school work full time and he is willing to
work full time to support our little family. He is also in school, for
electrical engineering, and he is a journalist and reviewer in the computer
industry. He has a lot on his plate. Add to that plate a well rounded spoonful
of me and our puppy and this man is dealing with a WHOLE LOT! I tend to forget
that. I tend to focus on me, and what I’m bothered by, what I want. So I baked,
and as my husband walked in the door and the timer for that first batch of
cookies went off, I felt a huge *ahhhh* in my heart. I could do something,
though rare, to make him happy. I could be the “taker-carer” and surprise my Husband
with something so basic.
My DH tells me all the time “you’re awesome baby” and while
I am so happy that he’s happy, I don’t feel deserving of such praise. He deals
with SO much in one day, more than I usually have to deal with in a whole week
(or month?) and yet he thinks I am awesome. I usually just shake
my head, or say “I’m not awesome, stop it” but he just smiles and says “yes you
are.”
So, if I let him think I’m awesome, will I start thinking I
am awesome? Maybe I will. Either way, I want to say that I am so grateful for
my husband, I am so grateful for the journey we are on, I am SO grateful that HE
wants to spend his life with ME. And, I am so grateful that
whatever it is I’m doing to make him say such nice things to me is enough to
make him smile.
I love you baby. I’m so glad you married me. You’re
awesome!!
-Love, Your “awesome” wife!!

No comments:
Post a Comment