I am currently a stay at home wife or, as the state prefers to call it, a "displaced worker." I am also a college student. After being out of school for many years I decided to make a change. So, last August I filled out a FAFSA and applied to my local community college. At first I had applied to an out of state school with the intention of taking online classes. Thanks to my brother, who helped me realize that most colleges now offer online courses, I realized that I could save over 50% by going to a community college. So I decided to go for it and see what happens.
Wouldn't you know that God had a hand in that plan all along? It just happens to be a season in our (my hubby and I) life where our income is the smallest it has ever been. When I received my bill for school, if you can call it that, I was confused by what appeared to be a negative balance. Upon further investigation I realized that not only did I get approved for federal grant funding, I also got approved for state grant funding and am being covered -completely- to go to school!! God and His timing are so very impeccable. The only stipulation for these grants is that I need a GPA of at least 2.0 and I need to be taking at least 1/2 time course load. Can you imagine my delight?! I feel so blessed when I think about this :o)
So, how does this have anything to do with surfing the net? I'm getting to that. Sooooo....now that I am a stay at home wife, AND college student, my main responsibilities are household chores and school work. Enter: Internet. It seems so much more appealing to me than writing a 4 page paper does. So I am cleaning the bathroom, looking up "how-to" videos, making very very important phone calls, and setting up a filing system for next years taxes.
Procrasti-Nation is not a great place to live. There are just so many fun things to occupy your time with! I can't remember spending this much time on the computer in years. Life gets so busy, you have so many things to juggle, and honestly.....the internet is pretty boring to me usually. There are only so many times I can check facebook or my email, which I can also do from my phone, so there isn't usually a lot of appeal to sitting around surfing the net. Until now.
Well it's been a lot of fun thinking and sharing part of my college excitement, I guess I really should go get started on that paper......
Don't forget your hardhats ;o)
No comments:
Post a Comment